Makenna Johnson is an associate attorney. Her practice focuses on eminent domain law, real estate transactions, and real estate litigation. Makenna discovered her passion for property law as an undergraduate student while studying the Takings Clause of the United States Constitution. Makenna's passion grew in law school through her involvement with the Brigham-Kanner Property Rights Conference and as the Bluebooking Editor for the Brigham-Kanner Property Rights Journal.
Makenna is a Colorado native. She grew up in Colorado Springs and graduated from Widefield High School. Makenna attended the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs where she graduated magna cum laude with high distinction, receiving her Bachelor of Arts in political science. After graduation, Makenna attended William & Mary Law School, where she was one of two Property Rights Fellows and the Membership and Alumni Coordinator for the William & Mary Bill of Rights Journal. Upon graduation, Makenna received the American Bar Association State and Local Government Law Award.
As an avid hiker and climber, Makenna aspires to summit all 58 Colorado Fourteeners. She also enjoys playing softball and serving as a volunteer judge for high school speech and debate tournaments.
Areas Of Practice
- Eminent Domain
- Real Estate Litigation
- Real Estate Transactions
- Colorado, 2021
- William and Mary Law School, Williamsburg, Virginia
- J.D. - 2021
- Honors: American Bar Association State and Local Government Law Award
- University of Colorado, Colorado Springs, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- B.A. - 2018
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: Communications
- Minor: Pre-Law
- Speaker, Case Law and Legislative Update: What's New in Colorado in 2022, CLE International Annual Eminent Domain Conference, 2022
- Moderator, Hot Topics Out of the Supreme Court, American Bar Association State and Local Government Law Section, Civil Rights and Social Justice Section, and Young Lawyers Division Fall Conference, 2022
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American Bar Association – Young Lawyers Division, State and Local Government Law Vice-Chair, September 2022 to Present
- American Bar Association – State and Local Government Law Section, Member, May 2021 – Present
- Colorado Bar Association – Young Lawyers Division, Member, September 2021 – Present