Dedicated Eminent Domain And Real Estate Lawyers
- Commercial Real Estate Transactions
- Residential Real Estate Transactions
- Oil, Gas, and Mineral Transactions
- Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law
Katie Fox's past experience informs her current practice to assist clients in a range of property law matters including commercial and residential real estate transactions, leasing, title claims, oil, gas, and other minerals, and condemnation.
Katie began as a legal intern 15 years ago researching issues surrounding public lands and the environment and assisting attorneys on landlord/tenant pleadings. Then, she moved into the area of oil and gas, first as a land manager and later as an oil and gas title attorney. Katie has also worked for a national title insurance company in its commercial real estate department evaluating risk, examining title, and assisting senior escrow officers on complex commercial transactions.
At Alderman Bernstein, Katie has represented numerous buyers and sellers in commercial and residential real estate transactions from contract formation through closing, performed detailed title examinations and drafted related curative documents, represented power companies and special districts in acquiring various easements for multiple projects, and assisted in drafting condemnation pleadings.
As a Colorado native and daughter of city planners, Katie is personally connected to the real estate transactions that shape our community and has worked diligently to develop a diverse network of real estate professionals.
Katie graduated from the University of Denver in 2004, cum laude, with a degree in business and received her J.D. from the Sturm College of Law at the University of Denver in 2008. She is a member of the Colorado and Denver Bar Associations, as well as CREW - an organization dedicated to the advancement of women in commercial real estate.
Katie is also a nature enthusiast who enjoys the Colorado outdoors, and each year, she grows and adds to her cutting garden to share flowers with friends and family on their special occasions.
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- J.D. - 2008
- Universidad VERITAS, San José, Costa Rica, 2002 - 2003
- University of Denver
- BSBA - 2004
- Honors: cum laude
- Colorado, 2009
- Colorado Bar Association, Member
- Colorado Bar Association - Natural Resources and Energy Law Section, Past Chair of Board of Directors
- Colorado Bar Association - Real Estate Law Section, Member
- Denver Bar Association, Member
- CREW - Commercial Real Estate Women, Past Member of Board of Directors
- Colorado Ovarian Cancer Alliance, Past Vice-Chair of Board of Directors
Classes & Seminars
- Speaker, Emerging Issues in Title and Curative, CLE Oil and Gas Law Advanced Topics 2015
- Participant, 40 Hour Mediation Training, Summer 2022