Joshua T. Mangiagli
- Associate Attorney
Josh Mangiagli's practice focuses on eminent domain law, real estate litigation, and real estate transactions. Before joining Alderman Bernstein, Josh worked as a Legal Analyst for the Colorado Secretary of State's Office, and as a Deputy District Attorney in Jefferson County, Colorado.
Josh grew up in Denver, Colorado, and graduated from Denver East High School. After high school, he attended the University of Vermont where he studied Political Science and graduated with honors. After receiving his bachelor’s degree, Josh became a middle school social studies teacher in New Orleans, Louisiana, where he taught for four years before deciding he wanted to become an attorney.
Josh returned home and attended law school at the University of Denver, Sturm College of Law, where he was an Associate Editor of the Denver Law Review and a member of the National Trial Team. During law school, Josh also served as a judicial intern for the Colorado Court of Appeals, and as a legal intern for the Colorado Public Defender’s Office, and the United States Department of Education. Josh graduated law school with honors and was inducted into the Order of the Coif.
Outside of work, Josh loves being a husband and a father. He enjoys hiking, reading, and playing chess. Josh is also a volunteer coach for a high school mock trial team.
Areas Of Practice
- Eminent Domain
- Real Estate Litigation
- Real Estate Transactions
- Colorado, 2018
- Colorado Secretary of State's Office, Legal Analyst, 2019 to 2020
- Jefferson County District Attorney's Office, Deputy District Attorney, 2018 to 2019
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- J.D. - 2018
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont
- B.A. - 2010
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Political Science
- Who Pays for Business Relocation in Eminent Domain Cases?, Colorado Real Estate Journal, January 2022
- When Might COVID-19 Regulations Require Compensation?, Colorado Real Estate Journal, March 2021
Classes / Seminars
- Speaker, Eminent Domain 101, Rocky Mountain Surveyors Summit, 2022
- Speaker, Perfecting Title While Condemning Property, CLE International Annual Eminent Domain Conference, 2021
Professional Associations And Memberships
- Denver Bar Association – Young Lawyers Division (DBA-YLD), Executive Council Chair-Elect, 05/2023 to Present
- Denver Bar Association – Young Lawyers Division (DBA-YLD), Executive Council Board Member, 05/2021 to Present
- Denver Law Alumni Council, 09/2021 to Present